Monday, June 23, 2014

Husband's Choice - Hazelnut Brownie Cookies

Look at that ooey gooey goodness!

As we sat down on the couch, watching one of the FIFA matches, I turned to Mr. Sweets and asked him, "What should I bake for the next blogpost?" I don't even know why I asked because I knew what he was going to say.  "Brownies!"

Don't get me wrong, brownies are amazing!  That fudgy, chocolate square paired with an ice cold glass of milk...divine!  But I wanted to challenge myself - do something I hadn't done before.  In order to come up with a recipe, I did some research and made some modifications to Martha Stewart's Outrageous Chocolate Cookies. (Next time, I'll top the cookies with nuts instead of incorporating it into the dough.)


Lady Sweet's Brownie Cookies

8 oz. semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
8 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts or any nut of choice (optional)

Step 1: Gather all your ingredients and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2: Chop your semisweet chocolate

Step 3: Put your chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave in 20 second increments until most of the chocolate is melted.  Continue to stir until the residual heat melts all the chocolate.  Place it off to the side and let it cool.

Step 4: In the meantime, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Step 5: Using a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on high, until light and fluffy.  Reduce the speed to low and add in the melted chocolate.  Next, slowly add in your flour mix until incorporated.

Step 6: Using a small cookie scoop, drop scoops, 2 inches apart, onto lightly oiled baking sheet.  Bake for 12 - 13 minutes.  Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

Step 7: Pour yourself a glass of milk, grab a cookie, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    Are you serious!!! WowI I had no idea your were baking and blogging about it! And your blog spot is amazing! The cookies and everything look so good and tasty I wish I could snatch them off the screen! You know my husband, Barry, is also a baker and he bakes a fantastic chocolate chip, coconut and macadamia nut cookie (that's what got me to marry him)! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! Started baking last year but started doing a lot more this summer. Lol, my cooking and baking is how I keep Amit around =P

      Delete