I was home, and so were the pistachios. I looked at them and they stared back. They knew their lives were coming to an end, and what a delicious end it was going to be. This is the day every pistachio patiently waits around for, the moment to be used in a mouth-watering, buttery, and delicious dessert.
As I laid them out on the cutting board and began to cut into them, they released their heavenly scent into the air, begging to be chopped up some more...
Ingredients & Directions
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped salted pistachios, divided
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1/6 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar in a Ziploc bag
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Mix flour and 1/2 cup chopped pistachios and set aside.
- Place remaining pistachios in a food processor and pulse for 15 seconds. Pour into flour mix, stir, and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and pour in flour mix. Mix until just incorporated, about 25 - 30 seconds. Dough will look crumbly.
- Make balls of dough using a cookie dough scoop and bake for 18 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place 2 - 3 cookies in bag of powdered sugar and lightly shake until covered, about 4 shakes. Place on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process one more time and store cookies in air tight container.