I know, I know, it's been a while since I posted some deliciousness. It has been a crazy week, but I'm back now, and boy have I got a cookie for you! I saw this recipe over at Two Peas & Their Pod and made very minor adjustments.
Now, about this cookie: pistachio and dark chocolate cookies, sprinkled with a bit of sea salt. They are chewy with just a touch of crisp on the edges and the salt enhances the sweetness of the chocolate. Mouth-watering goodness, don't you think? Go ahead, I'll wait while you wipe the drool from your mouth. Finished? Okay, let's get to the recipe!
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 stick salted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped pistachios
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
Sea salt for sprinkling top of cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with a Silpat or lightly grease them with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes. Turn the mixer on the low setting, and slowly add in your dry ingredients. Add in your pistachios and chocolate.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, form scoops and place them on your baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle the cookies with sea salt. Bake for 14 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a cookie sheet. Once cool, pour yourself a glass of milk, and enjoy!